[text_output]Read more about our delicious menu options below or download our most recent menu.
[tab_nav type=”four-up” float=”left”][tab_nav_item title=”Sweet Rolls” active=”true”][tab_nav_item title=”Summer of ‘76″][tab_nav_item title=”Egg Options”][tab_nav_item title=”Vegetarian Options”][tab_nav_item title=”French Toast”][/tab_nav][tabs][tab active=”true”]The traditional morning glory of The Bake Shop is our unique, lightly spiced sweet rolls that have just the right amount of flakiness, buttery caramel, and a lemony glaze topped with sliced almonds. Try this decadent treat with a cup of coffee.[/tab][tab]Served since the Summer of ’76 this breakfast special includes 3 sourdough pancakes, 1 egg and 1 slice of bacon. Originally created to commemorate our countries Bicentennial, it now stands in its 38th year as The Bake Shop’s most beloved (and hearty) meal.[/tab][tab]We serve eggs straight up (fried, scrambled or boiled) with a side of toast. If you are looking for a little excitement with your eggs, get them scrambled with Mushrooms, Spinach, and Grilled Tomatoes or try them with Green Onions and Parsley for a fresh garden taste.[/tab][tab]One of the biggest changes to happen over the past 17 years was an introduction of several breakfast vegetarian options including our beloved Vegetable Omelet loaded with delicious bites of zucchini, spinach, and mushrooms topped with grated Kasseri cheese and served with a side of toast.[/tab][tab]Enjoy two thick slices of whole wheat bread that soak in orange and cinnamon scented custard and are grilled to perfection. It is served with one egg and a slice of savory bacon.[/tab][/tabs]
[tab_nav type=”five-up” float=”left”][tab_nav_item title=”Alyeska Sourdough Pancakes” active=”true”][tab_nav_item title=”House Made Jams”][tab_nav_item title=”Hot Buttered Toast”][tab_nav_item title=”Homemade Granola”][tab_nav_item title=”Hot Oatmeal”][/tab_nav][tabs][tab active=”true”]Let your warm, delicate sourdough pancakes be elevated with our pure maple syrup imported from a small family farm in Michigan or pair them with one of our house made jams. Whatever you do, eat them up quickly, because you won’t want to share. Add a side of thick cut bacon and let your friends be jealous.[/tab][tab]All of our jams are slow-cooked in The Bake Shop capturing the best flavors of the fruit we make them from.
- Orange Marmalade that will remind you of warm, sun kissed afternoons.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam whose sweetness and tartness will enlighten any taste buds.
- Prune Jam that is sweet and savory all in one bite.
A Closer Look At Lunch and DinnerSoup and sandwiches never looked this good. Our sandwiches are fresh and filling and our bowls are bottomless. Join us for a delicious meal until 7 PM![/text_output][tab_nav type=”five-up” float=”left”][tab_nav_item title=”Bottomless Soups” active=”true”][tab_nav_item title=”Cold Sandwiches”][tab_nav_item title=”Hot Sandwiches “][tab_nav_item title=”Specialty Sandwiches”][tab_nav_item title=”The Bake Shop Pizza”][tab_nav_item title=”Salad Plate”][/tab_nav][tabs][tab active=”true”] An exceptional soup is built on a foundation of good ingredients, precise preparation, and time. For all of our soups we build up our stocks from bones and root vegetables, allowing time and heat to extract the robust flavors of each to create a strong foundation for our soups. Once our stocks are prepared we build our soups based on the freshest ingredients. We feature one of our soups daily: Friday always features our famous clam chowder, Sunday’s is Beef Barley Vegetable. Soups are serious business in Girdwood. Like our Facebook page and you will receive daily updates on the Soup of the Day! Remember it always tastes better with a bun and butter! Chef’s Choice includes:
- VEGAN African Ground Nut Stew
- Great Northern Bean Soup with Andouille Sausage
- Creamy Chicken Soup with rice
- Tomato Basil
- Curried Lentil
- Chicken Vegetable
- Split Pea with Ham
- Beef Barley Vegetable
- Szegedin Goulash
- Clam Chowder
- Choice of Hand Slices Meat: Turkey Breast, Cured Ham, Salami, Pastrami, and Liverwurst.
- Choice of cheese: Tillamook Medium Sharp Cheddar, Jarlsberg Swiss, Havarti (this is a Danish Butter Cheese, mild in flavor, that melts beautifully).
- Choice of Fixings: Butter, Mayo, Dijon Mustard, Horseradish, Tomato, Lettuce, Onion, Cucumber, Pickles
- Choice of Hand Sliced Meat: Turkey Breast, Cured Ham, Salami, Pastrami or Liverwurst
- Choice of cheese: Tillamook Medium Sharp Cheddar, Jarlsberg Swiss, Havarti (this is Danish Butter Cheese, mild in flavor, that melts beautifully)
- Grilled Cheese: Mix your cheeses and/or add grilled veggies for your ultimate grilled cheese sandwich.
- Veggie Options: Add to your sandwich any veggies including fresh Tomato, Spinach, Zucchini, and Mushrooms.
- Meat: Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Italian Sausage
- Veggies: Spinach, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Pineapple, Green onions, White Onions, Zucchini, Bell Peppers, and Black Olives
[text_output]We do not accept credit cards. However, we will happily take your cash, travelers checks or local checks. All menu items are available for take out, packaged in biodegradable/compostable service ware.[/text_output]