Read more about our delicious menu options below or download our most recent menu.
A Closer Look At Lunch and Dinner
Soup and sandwiches never looked this good. Our sandwiches are fresh and filling and our bowls are bottomless. Join us for a delicious meal until 7 PM!
An exceptional soup is built on a foundation of good ingredients, precise preparation, and time. For all of our soups we build up our stocks from bones and root vegetables, allowing time and heat to extract the robust flavors of each to create a strong foundation for our soups. Once our stocks are prepared we build our soups based on the freshest ingredients. We feature one of our soups daily: Friday always features our famous clam chowder, Sunday’s is Beef Barley Vegetable. Soups are serious business in Girdwood. Like our Facebook page
and you will receive daily updates on the Soup of the Day! Remember it always tastes better with a bun and butter!
Chef’s Choice includes:
- VEGAN African Ground Nut Stew
- Great Northern Bean Soup with Andouille Sausage
- Creamy Chicken Soup with rice
- Tomato Basil
- Curried Lentil
- Chicken Vegetable
- Split Pea with Ham
- Beef Barley Vegetable
- Szegedin Goulash
- Clam Chowder
We take 6 oz of meat of your choice and construct a sandwich to your specifications on our house made Sourdough Bun.
- Choice of Hand Slices Meat: Turkey Breast, Cured Ham, Salami, Pastrami, and Liverwurst.
- Choice of cheese: Tillamook Medium Sharp Cheddar, Jarlsberg Swiss, Havarti (this is a Danish Butter Cheese, mild in flavor, that melts beautifully).
- Choice of Fixings: Butter, Mayo, Dijon Mustard, Horseradish, Tomato, Lettuce, Onion, Cucumber, Pickles
For our grilled sandwiches
we take 4oz. of freshly sliced meat combined with the cheese of your choice sandwiched between sliced and buttered Alyeska Sourdough Bread. Your lunch is served perfectly toasted and hot with a garnish of pickles and a fresh orange slice.
- Choice of Hand Sliced Meat: Turkey Breast, Cured Ham, Salami, Pastrami or Liverwurst
- Choice of cheese: Tillamook Medium Sharp Cheddar, Jarlsberg Swiss, Havarti (this is Danish Butter Cheese, mild in flavor, that melts beautifully)
- Grilled Cheese: Mix your cheeses and/or add grilled veggies for your ultimate grilled cheese sandwich.
- Veggie Options: Add to your sandwich any veggies including fresh Tomato, Spinach, Zucchini, and Mushrooms.
For our daily lunch specials, please check our Facebook page, or ask our cashier when you place your order.
Chicken Salad Sandwich
On our buttered and toasted sourdough bread we place tender white chicken meat combined with garlic, fresh celery hearts, soy sauce, and mayo served with a side of lettuce and tomato slices to dress your sandwich.
Who doesn’t love bacon? This sandwich features butter crisped toast, mayo, and the freshest tomatoes and lettuce with four slices of perfectly cooked bacon. Every piece of bacon counts, and so do you. Try the BLT with our house made milkshake.
Our lovely pizza crusts are hand tossed with light rye flour and covered in our famous red house sauce and three cheese blend and then baked to order with your choice of toppings.
Choice of Pizza Toppings:
- Meat: Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Italian Sausage
- Veggies: Spinach, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Pineapple, Green onions, White Onions, Zucchini, Bell Peppers, and Black Olives
Garden fresh vegetables, such as greens, mushrooms, green onions, parsley, zucchini, tomatoes, are tossed in a homemade sour crème dill dressing, and topped with Kasseri Cheese. You also have the option to add some sliced Ham or Turkey to your salad plate.
We do not accept credit cards. However, we will happily take your cash, travelers checks or local checks.
All menu items are available for take out, packaged in biodegradable/compostable service ware.